Last modified: December 29, 2021
- when you browse the Website, or
- in text messages, phone calls, emails and other electronic messages between you and the Company.
It does not apply to information:
- collected by the Company offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by the Company or any third party; or
- any third party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
- Children’s Privacy
This Website is not intended for children under the age of eighteen. You must be at least 18 years old or older to use our Website. We will not knowingly collect information from children under the age of eighteen. If the Company learns that we have collected or received personal information from a person under eighteen, we will delete that information. If you believe your child has provided us with personal information without your authorization and you would like to have the personal information deleted, please contact us through our contact form.
- The Information We Collect
Unlike most sites, WildernessLiving.com does not use any Big Tech services for invasive tracking, ads, or affiliate links to invade your privacy and generate revenue. However, we do collect several types of information from you with your consent, including the following:
- Personal Information: When you voluntarily provide us with certain information that personally identifies or could be used to personally identify you (“Personal Information”). Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, contact information (such as your name and e-mail address and zip code).
- Billing, Collection and Payment Information: If you are a Registered User that signed up for the Subscription plan, when you make a payment for the Subscription fee, your payment information may be processed by our payment processing partner, which collects your voluntarily provided payment card information necessary to process your payment.
- Traffic Data: We use Fathom Analytics to collect information for website analytics purposes, to understand our website traffic in the most privacy-friendly way possible so that we can continually improve our website and business. It may collect data including your IP address, domain server, type of device(s) or web browser used to access the Website, any referring webpage or other source through which you accessed the Website, geolocation information and other statistics and information associated with the interaction between your browser or device and Website (collectively called “Traffic Data”). Depending on applicable law, some Traffic Data may be Personal Information.
- How We Collect Information
We collect your personal information from you only when you provide it to us when you submit a form on the Website to create a User Account or when you sign up for a Subscription plan.
We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with us and retain records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if and when you contact us.
- How We Use or Share Your Information
The Company may use the information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- to present the Website and its contents to you,
- to provide you with information or services that you request from us, for example, send you the newsletter,
- to enhance the Website via with customized and personalized viewing recommendations for content we think will optimize your experience with the Website,
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and the Company,
- to verify and process card payments and process refunds,
- to notify you about changes to the Website and your User Account or subscription status,
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information to us,
- for any other purposes for which you provide such information for.
The Company may share your Personal Information to another company in connection with a merger, sale, acquisition or other change of ownership or control by or of the Company (whether in whole or in part). Should one of these events occur, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you before your information becomes subject to different privacy policies and practices.
Additionally, because you may access the Website through different devices (e.g., your mobile phone or computer), the information that we collect and store through those different uses may be cross-referenced and combined.
We may share your Personal Information if we determine in good faith that such disclosure is needed to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to the health or safety of you, another person or the public, to enforce or apply our Terms, including for billing and collection purposes or if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Third-parties that receive your information may or may not have a legal obligation to keep your personal information private.
We do not sell any of the information we collect on the Website.
- Payment Related Information Collection
- Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
The Company strives to provide you with choices regarding the information you provide to us.
- Data Security
We use a combination of technical, administrative, and physical controls to maintain the security of your data. If you have a security-related concern, please contact us through our contact form.
Always be sure to secure your login credentials for accessing the Website. In order to protect you and your information, we may suspend your use of any part of the Website, without notice, pending an investigation, if we suspect any breach of security.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to the Company. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
- Changes to Your Information
All users may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information they submitted by contacting us through our contact form, then we will delete the record.
- Contact Information